This program comprehensively covers HTML5 mobile app development from top to bottom. By the end of this program, you'll be able to...
• Set up your app development studio with tools of the trade.
• Test your app on both mobile and virtual devices
• Write appropriate HTML5 for mobile development
• Use CSS3 to create stunning mobile user interfaces
• Understand the "10 Foot Experience" (Mobile apps on your TV)
• Use web services (like Google APIs™)
• Parse XML and JSON content
• Store data on the device
• Create apps that work offline
• Integrate audio and video and control media playback
• Use geolocation services and Google Maps™
• Work with the device accelerometer hardware
• Use jQuery Mobile controls and styling
• Use a device's internal storage system
• Work with device contacts
• Work with device notifications
• Understand in-app purchasing
• Place your finished app in the app store
Code along with master instructor Mark Lassoff as he walks you through everything you need to know about mobile app development with HTML5. Through dozens of code examples and multiple labs designed to reinforce your new skills, you'll master the concepts you need to know in order to become a successful app developer in no time!
Mark Lassoff's parents frequently claim that he was born to be a programmer. In the mid-eighties, when the neighborhood kids were outside playing kickball and throwing snowballs, Mark was hard at work on his Commodore 64 writing games in the BASIC programming language. Computers and programming continued to be a strong interest in college where Mark majored in Communications and Computer Science. After completing his college career, Mark worked in the software and web development departments at several large corporations.
In 2001, on a whim, while his contemporaries were conquering the dot com world, Mark accepted a position training programmers in a technical training center in Austin, Texas. It was there that Mark fell in love with teaching programming, which has been his passion ever since. Today Mark is a top technical trainer, traveling the country providing training for software and web developers. Mark's training clients include the Department of Defense, Lockheed Martin, Discover Card Services, and Kaiser Permanente. He has consulted for companies such as Dell, Target, Lockheed Martin, and government agencies including the US House of Representatives. In addition to traditional classroom training and consulting, Mark releases video tutorial training for aspiring programmers on his website, www.LearnToProgram.tv and Udemy.com.
He lives in coastal Connecticut near the Connecticut River, where he is in the process of redecorating his house. Want to help?